All Ontario health regulators have a list of the professionals they oversee. This list is called a “public register.” You can check the registers to make sure that a health professional is allowed to practise in Ontario.
The public registers are reliable and up-to-date.
Anyone registered to practise in Ontario has met and continues to meet certain requirements. The registers will tell you things like languages spoken, location, contact information, and if a healthcare professional has ever been cautioned or disciplined.
Registers can be called by different names.
Ontario health regulators use different names for their public registers. For example, you might see: Find a Professional, Doctor Search, Member Search, Registry or Member Profile.
Use the Register to find:
- If your healthcare professional is registered with a health profession college
- Where they work
- Their contact information
- The languages they speak
- Their professional credentials
- Any discipline history
Click on the profession link below to find the register for your healthcare professional. (Clicking on the links below will re-direct you to another website.)
- Dental Hygienists
- Dental Technologists
- Massage Therapists
- Medical Laboratory Technologists
- Medical Radiation Technologists
- Occupational Therapists
- Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians
- Physicians and Surgeons
- Psychologists and Psychological Associates
- Respiratory Therapists
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners